-----Original Message-----

Don't forget that the wind was blowing out to sea during the worst of this
event, so there is no data at all for ground deposition while the reactors and
cooling ponds were generating radioactive steam -- it all fell on the ocean and
washed away.

Probably the worst stuff is in the water inside the plant.  Not data on what's
in it yet that I know of.  Certainly full of iodine 131, but the amounts and
types of heavier atoms will expose the amount of damage to the cores.

And all this data is being generated by TEPCO so far, not a company noted for
accuracy and forthrightness in things nuclear!

We do need a better scale, though -- this accident is nothing compared to
Chernobyl.  Unless the data is wrong or seriously incomplete, the amounts of
heavy atoms released is insignificant in comparison.

Peter