Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Apparently Angie had left the cap loose and it set the code which
> wouldn't clear itself even though the condition was gone. I'll take it
> for a ride tomorrow to be sure but it looks like a quick and easy fix.

Probably would have cleared after a while.  Sometimes faults are
intermittent so the computer is programmed to remember the fault for a
certain number of restarts, e.g. if the fault has not recurred for 5
restarts it's cleared.  In this case, you can sometimes get it to clear
by just turning the ignition on and off a few times.

--
1983 300D