[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Marshall wrote:<<The 124/126/201 central locking systems
are powered by an electric vacuum pump and seem to fail FAR less often >>>

Hmmm.... I wonder how difficult it would be to install a vacuum pump in-line with the main vacuum system? Surely the electrical system would be robust enough to power a small pump - I assume a pressure activated cut-off switch could be added?

Wiring up the system into a car without an appropriate wiring harness for it would be a challenge, but the system isn't complex. They've been VERY reliable in my cars (the oldest ones are 20+ years old and they have worked flawlessly).

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi