Apple tracking location of iOS4 device users, researchers say.

A team of researchers have discovered that iOS4 is secretly obtaining your
location and recording it to a hidden file, raising obvious privacy concerns
and questions as to why Apple would be storing such information. The
researchers believe it is intentional, as the file is restored after backups
and even when the user switches to a new device....snip.

Snip....Apple was not responding to requests for comment, however its terms of
use does allow for such activities, saying "we may collect information such as
occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location,
and the time zone where an Apple product is used so that we can better
understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and
advertising."
http://www.betanews.com/article/Apple-tracking-location-of-iOS4-device-users-researchers-say/1303319892