On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net> wrote:
>> What are the chances a used line at a junkyard will be good?  Do they
>> fail often?
>
> Does your car (or any putative donor) have intact anti-vibration
> clamps and pads?  The lines 'ring' if they're not there, and
> fatigue crack in a hurry.

Mine does.  The leak has been there as long as I've owned it, but the
country fix was working until the most recent accident (though as
noted it was failing slowly before).  I know the car was in a big
wreck prior to my ownership, I assume it broke then and the PO did the
fix to get it sold.

Fortunately, Rusty hooked me up, $45 for the line shipped at the usual
Rusty speed.  Cheaper than I was guessing it would be used, and a lot
easier to find! :)

Thanks,
-Tim