The trans mount crossmember mounts to nuts that can be moved forwards or
backwards (into different slots) in the frame rails.

I believe that the engine compartment crossmember is the same across all 126's,
but this would require verification in the EPC.  Presuming that it is the same,
you would need to obtain the engine side motor mount arms for a 126.120 and put
them on the 123 engine. You would likely need a set of 126.120 engine shocks.

Hopefully the transmission output flange would not move much, so you could
possibly reuse the SDL's driveshaft.

You would need to investigate rear end ratios; the 126.120 may have a different
ratio than the 126.125.  This might be problematic if there are sensors for
traction control or similar mounted into the diff housing.

You would want to make sure that the 123's engine was configured for the newer
"amp-less" tach; the tachometer in a 126.120 and a 126.125 are the same.

You would need to use 126.120 radiator/heater hoses, 126.120 engine-side AC
hoses and 126.120 wiring harness bits.

The oil cooler lines may differ (126.120 v 123.133), and there may be a
difference in the oil filter housing.

You would need to check the vacuum pump-brake booster lines (126-123 engine
side, 126.120-126.125 body side).

You may need to procure a larger alternator that has the same mounting pattern;
I believe there were some Saabs and Volvos that use units that can be made to
work with a pulley swap and some harness modifications.

The 1985 126.120 transmission may use a different valve body or modulator than
the 123 unit. (pre-blue UFO transmissions DEFINITELY differ.

Expect some fun with vacuum connections and wiring harness connections.

You may also need to procure a 126.120 exhaust system and modify it (add length
as required) to permit it to fit into the longer wheelbase chassis.

You would need to strip out some electronics (some of the idle speed cruft...)

I would start my research in the EPC, comparing 1985 w126.120 and 1985 w123.133
parts in the engine compartment (as outlined above) and w126.120 v w126.125
parts (engine crossmember, noise encapsulation panel, etc)

It would be a fun project, IMHO, although I'd rather do a 126.125 (or 210.020)
drive train engine in a 123.133 chassis myself...

--
John W Reames
jream...@verizon.net