So the driver's window on my '84 190D quit going down yesterday. It'd clicked
at the top of its range for awhile (in fact this regulator clicked in the other
car too) and finally quit. Rusty tells me he has to know which regulator I have
before he can order one and it would appear its got to come out to find that
information.

Kent Bergsma has done some pretty good window regulator videos on Youtube but
my $#%@! early 201 has a window regulator unlike all 3 in his videos, its more
like a 123 regulator than a 201 but its got a couple added pieces that give me
hell.
I got it out (Brose BTW), the problem is obvious, the last 3 teeth off the
regulator are missing(!) thats clearly what the clicking was... The gear on the
motor looks fine, I think this was a crappy regulator from the beginning as it
always clicked. I should give my Indy hell but to his credit its been 4+ years
in 2 different cars...

Anyway I got it back in but it won't lift the window all the way and its
clearly binding somewhere, I think its the rear pad thats catching but I really
can't tell why. Any words of wisdom on this? Seems like it should be easier
than it is.

-Curt