Do "we" have archives from about 2003, when Marshall and I discussed my blower/porcupine problem? I think he told which wire has 6v, 9v, 12v, and other "stuff" about the "porcupine."
Check the archives; 'gonna see what I can find on the CD.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 126 Blower A/C

8 or 10 years ago, blower on my 91 350SDL was inop because of bad "porcupine"/controller directly beneath blower and above front passenger footwell. 'Didn't have time to get replacement "porcupine" before necessary trip of several days. I wired in a toggle switch which I left hanging just below the dashboard and by upper right side of center console within reach of my right hand. It was Summer here in NC and VA, and the system worked fine. Obviously, I did have access to the right wires to/from the "porcupine." I believe one has 6v, another 9v, another 12v, etc., for different blower speeds. I wired the 12v one thru the toggle switch. My car does not have glove box; has air bag in its place; if yours has glove box, the wires may be a little more accessible.

I'll see what I can find on the CD, which I did not have at the time.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dieselhead" <126die...@gmail.com>