If it's not designed for topsider (likely), simply run an oil evacuation tube down the dipstick tube 'til it touches bottom, which, I understand that some MB "sucker" users do needlessly, 'cause MB dipstick tubes DO go to the bottom to facilitate such sucking.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 12:14 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Ford oil drain plug

"WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com> writes:

Yep.  Suck it.

Only possible if the dipstick tube goes to the bottom of the pan, right?
I.e. the engine has to be designed for topsider oil evacuation?

I'd be inclined to take it back to the dealer and raise a fuss, see if
you can get them to remove it since clearly they're the ones who jammed
it in there.

Allan
--
1983 300D