Okay, so since the 300D is the daily driver for the week, I got
coolant out of the SDL.

Dumped radiator.  Vague dull green, should have used a clean bucket so
I'm not sure how much of the dirt was from the car - but ah!
Everything else on this car was 100% by the book, was not expecting to
see the green.  Anyway that was clean enough, just dirt if anything.

Then I pulled the drain from the block, using oil catch pan.  Dumped
into bucket, shocking amount of sludge.  And oil!

I am ashamed to admit that it took me more than 10 minutes to realize
the oil was probably from my drain pan. :)

Anyway, I don't have a resolution - will have to stop at the CarQuest
to pick up some Zerex tomorrow - but I figured you all would get a
kick out of it.  And I am glad I drained all that green goop out, will
let you know if it helps.

Thanks,
-Tim