  Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 01:34:16 -0500
From: Steve MacSween <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Opinions? Block heater vs. in-line coolant circulating
 heater for an OM616 or 617?
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The question is in the subject line....

Actually there is another option too: local VW shop sells VW accessory
oil
pan heaters that are paper thin and glued to the bottom of the pan
(after
thorough cleaning, of course) with a special paste. Cost for this is
about
the same as the block heater.

No one locally seems to sell the circulating pump (plumbs into the
lower rad
hose) anymore, I keep getting told to go see an equipment or truck
dealer.
DieselGiant.com sells them customized, already plumbed into the correct
lower hose for your Mercedes, for about $85.

I have one OM616 and one OM617 to deal with.

Thx

Mac
Aylmer, Quebec
'60 220s / '82 240d (x2) / '82 300sd