The Mamabenz (300SD) has been converted to 134, these last coupla weeks it has been getting less and less coolie, was fine when we got it 2.5 yr ago. I put a can of 134 into it the other night and it was BLOWING ICE COLD in 85+F temp. So I don't know about performance issues, it seems to be OK.

The boy brought his SD here over Mem Day and is leaving it, it had R12 in it and was working OK when we got it 4 years ago, but it has leaked down and does not cool. I was thinking to put one of these alternatives in it and see if I can get it to BLOW ICE COLD, but was also thinking I should replace the seals and such -- so does anyone know where to get a set and where to put them on the system?

--R