After my dealer quoted $900 for new control arms and bushings, I took my issue (a clunking from the front end on bumps, when uneven pavement on either tire) to the list for a second opinion. Advice from many was to check the sway bar bushings.

Well, tonight I pulled the bar off and the bushings slid right off- very loose. Drove the car, CLUNK ELIMINATED. Those were the problem.

Saved me $900.

I really like my MB dealer here -- Carriage House of New London CT, and think they are very honest. BUT they can't diagnose better than the collective knowledge of this brainy list.

John Peterson
Kingston RI  1991 300D 2.5 74k
Sans Sway Bar