I've been through this exact thing with oil companies over Spec oil for
Detroit Diesel 2 stroke 8V71 engines.  The spec says straight 40 wt , low
ash oil with a spec for exactly what low ash is.  All the oil companies
decided that since EPA has nearly regulated the 2 stroke diesel out of
existence they would simply "re-brand " their oils.  The result was that
they , without warning, changed the spec formulation and still called it by
the "safe" name.
The new oil , under the old name, no longer met Detroit specs.

Sounds like same thing has happened in this case.  What we had to do was do
a very detailed point by point comparison of the Spec sheet for the old
formulation [the approved one] and every other brand on the market to find
who still met the old spec.  Lot of work, but worth the effort.   Overhaul
cost on an 8V71 these days from oil failure runs in the $12 to $20 grand
range. Ouch.

>From experience, the sales reps will blow smoke up your exit orifice any
time they don't know or don't care what the "right" answer is.  Published
specs are available , you have to ask for them.... sometimes more than once.

Grant..
Doesn't own anything with a spark plug.
AZ