I've done them on my '92 Honda Shadow. The toughest part was the allen bolt on the bottom, was Damn tight.

Douglas

-----Original Message----- From: Curt Raymond
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2011 3:55 PM
To: Diesel List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Tonight I'm a motorcycle mechanic

Thanks.

It worked out too, I ran it up to operating temp before I finished putting it together and couldn't find any leaks. Did it again after reassembly and couldn't find any leaks.

Was cleaning up the work area when I realized that one of the fork seals must have COMPLETELY let go, oil had puddled on the tire. At first I thought it was brake fluid but after further inspection I don't think so since the caliper seems dry and still has good braking action. I had fork seals put in a couple years ago but I think they were probably aftermarket. I'm figuring I need 'em again, will source them from the Kawasaki dealer this time.

Anybody ever done fork seals? Is it a hard job?

-Curt