Yes, it is possible, just did that on my OM606, will see how long it lasts. I
used 3000 cst silicone oil, which may be too light, as the clutch never really
locks up even though engine temps are 95° C or more.

I also cleaned the cooling system with citric acid. Now during highway driving
the temperature holds pretty steady at about 95 C, even in temps up to about
102 F.

This week I'm back in Charleston, so we'll see how she behaves in stop and go
traffic.

Max

Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:

Can you re-oil the existing clutch?
And do they stay re-oiled for more than a year?

Mitch.