I have a complete 124 seat for grabs. Back, bottom, motors etc. Does not need rebuilding. just put it in, or change the covers and then put it in. Come N get it, or pay frt.

Hey gang, how hard is it to R&R the spring box in an early 124 front
seat, once I have the seat out of the car?

Is it enough of a pain that I am better off trying the pool-noodle
fix?  How does that work exactly---you wedge the noodles between the
top and bottom layers of the spring box, or just between the seat and
the carpet?  (I'm looking at the bottom side of the rear base cushion
and imagining that the fronts probably are constructed more or less
the same, where the springs are not coils as in an old-fashioned
mattress but look more like a network or webbing of spring steel
parallel to the seat base.)

Thoughts?

Alex