Problem is, when you are traveling in convoy you get the dust from the car in front, also they would not be traveling a brisk anything, think I read that they averaged 31km/h with 17.7L/100km fuel use.

Hendrik
who never travels briskly

Fmiser wrote:
Allan Streib wrote:

From the article:
  " ...and the failure of one car's
air-conditioning system, a necessity in the 30-degree-plus
heat of the outback."

30 degree plus _requires_ air-conditioning???

That's silly!

A couple weeks ago I was driving through St. Louis, without
air-conditioning, and the temperature was 40-degrees-plus.
Sure, A/C would have been nice - but with a brisk 100 km/h
breeze in the window it wasn't _necessary_.

30C = 86F
35C = 95F
40C = 104F

--     Philip