Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:47:27 -0500
From: Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] lubromoly oil

I just checked my stock of M1 and it is SL/CF.  I know most of the
new M1 stuff carries no Cx designation, because it is not suited for
Diesels of any sort.  Therefore the M1 "Diesel Truck" was brought out
that is formulated for 2007 up Deetriot pickup Diesels.

I think it was the time before last that the M1 thread ran that the
lack of Zinc and phosphorous was discussed in depth.

In the years since 2007, we have seen CG-4, CH-4, CI-4 and now CJ-4
designations.  That should be some clue that the 2007 engines have
caused a huge disruption in the motor oil business.

At the same time, the ULSD has lost the lubricity required for older
Diesel engines.  A B5 blend  for Diesel fuel provides the lost
lubricity, and at least 5% of it is made in the USA.

To your many miles and many moons of HAPPY Dieseling!
Dieselhead
Coupla 240Ds
87 300D
87300SDL