We need a true change, as the current political system, above even the town
level in some instances, is so far out of touch with the voting public that
elected them as to throw serious doubt on the actual "democracy" of our
entire government.

That congressional apointees can go fully against campaign promises with
narry a slap on the wrist, vote how they please, and ignore the principles
that they produced to get elected, is a clear indication that there is a
fundamental flaw in our governmental model.

Sadly, the old "everyone votes for everything" policy will never be
feasable  to ennact, so we must therefore hope that we can obtaine, through
some means, stricter guidlines towards following through on campaign
promises (within reason of course).

It's sad when our representatives (not every rep, but most) fall so out of
touch with the base of people who elected them.

One of the faults we must deal with I guess...

Walt
On Aug 17, 2011 12:41 AM, "Max Dillon" <meadedil...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> No, I don't think that class warfare is the way out of this mess, and I
think taxing (penalizing) the most productive members of society to
redistribute their wealth is a sure way to prolong it (and morally wrong as
well). If Warren voluntarily put his money where his mouth is, stroked a
check to our Treasury for few hundred million, I'd be impressed but I still
would not agree. As I see it, liberals have tried a variation of "tax and
spend" by spending first and putting off the tax part as long as possible.
Now that chicken has come home to roost. Tea Party wants to behead, pluck
and eat that chicken (and eat all its eggs to make sure no more chickens are
coming later on), and I trend to agree. I'm sure your shocked to hear those
words from me...