When I was in college a friend had one of the most disreputable looking
Citations ever all bondo, rust and grey primer. One time it wouldn't run so I
went over to help. When I pulled out the spark plugs the electrodes were GONE,
missing, not present at all.
He said it had been "Starting hard" but passed it off as a POS car.

Of course being in college we had no money so we headed to a local junkyard
which had a yard full of Citations. We told our sob story and asked him how
much our $5 would get us. He laughed and told us to take anything we wanted.

We pulled about 20 sparkplugs plus caps/rotors/plug wires, plus some other bits
and bobs and headed home. Some time with emery paper and wire brushes got 4
pretty nice looking plugs and some time sorting got the 4 best wires plus a
good enough cap and rotor. Car fired right up and ran fine

After that semester my friend decided he was going to leave school and work.
Soon after he bought a new Saturn and GAVE me the Citation. Being that it used
less fuel than my S15 I decided to commute with the little car which worked out
fine until the last day of the summer. I had to wait to make the left turn into
my parent's driveway and when I stepped on the gas the engine revved WAY up and
the auto trans EXPLODED out through the pan all over the road. The red spot
stayed on the pavement 5 years until they repaved.

The junk man gave me $20 for it. I figured on the whole I was up around $100
I'd saved in fuel considering other than the initial "tuneup" I'd never done
anything other than put fuel in it.

-Curt