On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 09:17 -0400, "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

> As far as I can tell, the pump has a main line running directly to the
> brake booster, and a smaller line for other accessories.  This is a
> bit different than on my W123 where the accessories are connected to
> tees in the main booster line.
>
> I plugged the smaller line and plugged the MityVac into the end of the
> brake booster line.  Revving the engine I could get a few inches of
> vacuum but that was it.

To follow up, I did verify that the brake booster holds vacuum.  I
tested the line that runs to the injection pump (shut-off, I guess) and
it would hold 10" of vacuum and then it sounded like a regulator was
releasing anything above that.  In other words I could pump it down to
10" and then I would hear a bit of a wheezing sound on subsequent pumps
and it maintained about 10" of vacuum on that line.

I did try pumping down the rest of the accessory circuits, with no
success.  I don't know how big the reservoir is and whether I just
didn't try long enough (hands were getting tired) but suspect that there
are probably other leaks in the doors locks or ACC.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1979 300SD