On 25/08/2011 4:38 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
I'm thinking Randy doesn't drive much ;)

Last time I had a clutch done it was about $1000, that was my '83 240D which
actually needed a center carrier bearing (noisy) but got a replacement
transmission. Figured to do the clutch while the trans was out.

-Curt

I don't drive much on a daily basis.
My office is almost in sight of my home so my commute is almost nothing.
During May through October, I make regular trips to the lake and that is a 175 mile trip each way. I do that a dozen times a year. Since the Cdn $ has been almost par with the US $ we have been making regular trips to ND for shopping as you folks tend to have a bigger selection and more competitive prices on many things. We don't have Menards or Lowes here and Home Depot robs us. Grand Forks ND is 140 miles due South and we have been doing that about once each month. We went to Fargo last week for a couple of days and that is about 210 miles due south.
Apart from that, a bit of driving around town but not a whole lot.
Winnipeg is close to 700,000 people now and we don't have freeways but it still only takes a half hour to get down town. I think it would only be a bit over 7 miles. I go down there about once each week. I make another trip to a business club meeting on Tuesdays at lunch and that is probably 15 miles or so. Not far.

Don't know if this will work but attached is my commute!
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=winnipeg+map&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x52ea73fbf91a2b11:0x2b2a1afac6b9ca64,Winnipeg,+MB,+Canada&ei=4spWTsKuJ6SosQLp5PC0DA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA

Randy