> Dan Penoff wrote:

> Why would using a "forced open" Tatar be any different that
> just running without one?

I presume you mean t-stat, or thermostat. *smiles*

On an OM61x engine, the thermostat is actually a pair of valves.
When it operates, the bypass v"valve" closes and the radiator
"valve" opens.  Remove the thermostat entirely and the flow
mostly seems to go through the bypass, not the radiator.

I believe I used a piece of 1/4" copper pipe, cut down the side
split open, then "crimped" around the center shaft to hold it open.

--    Philip