On Sep 2, 2011, at 6:48 AM, Hans Neureiter <diese...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lately my wireless connetion goes erradically from "very good" to "very low"
> and back.
> Nothing changed in my house, though.

If you are having a software reset in the access point it can flap the
driver fast enough for you not to lose association.  In other words,
don't discount the router and/or its power supply.  For a quick test,
open a command prompt and issue:
ping -t google.com
and leave it running for a while (a few minutes at least).  If it is
the AP resetting internally it will likely be dropping pings in an
obvious pattern.  If not, you can run around the house and see if the
ping times get worse as you get closer to something.

I am assuming you only have one AP, and there are no neighbors who
have the same AP name ("SSID").

Best,
-Tim
also curious what kind of access point/router it is