Well, the Chevy heard me talking about what plugs to use for its 100K
service (thanks for the input, guys) and decided to act up.  All of a
sudden it is starting a little bit hard when cold.  Not too bad but
definitely a change---it used to start almost instantly regardless of
the weather or engine temperature, now takes a second or two, and
seems to be getting worse.  Cranking sounds the same as always (not
slowed), there's just more of it.

I imagine something is going bad (cold start injector???) that will
eventually get bad enough to trip a code and turn on the check engine
light, at which time I will have my OBD-II code reader at hand... but
I would rather catch it before it gets that far, especially if the
point at which the idiot light comes on coincides with the point when
the truck will no longer start at all.

Any thoughts?

Alex