BTW, my vibrating key hit the sweet spot in about 2 seconds. There's NO way that I could ever vibrate the key that well with my hand, though I had tried many times.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2011 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Tempting "problem" 300SDs

Sander gives more robust movements, too, but I'm curious to see if an electric tooth brush might vibrate the key enough to operate a stuck cylinder - maybe, some.

I attached the key firmly to the vibrating, triangular plate of a Bosch detail sander ('cause that's what I have - any with vibrating plate should do it) with copper aircraft safety wire; 2 or 3 small zip ties may work very well for attaching the key, also. Any means of attaching the key firmly to the plate should be good - even a bolt-and-nut - any way that you can transfer vibrating action of the plate to the key and then into the cylinder. I laid the base of the key flat on the plate at one of the apexes of the triangle with the key extending out from the apex and parallel to the plate. Holes in the plate and the key greatly facilitated securing them to each other. 'Probably don't have to secure the key as well as I did. 'Had to attach the key twice; first time, I had it oriented so that I could not get the key into the lock, 'cause the steering wheel was blocking access (room) for the sander.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Chamberlain" <apchamberl...@gmail.com>