http://www.wired.com/autopia/2011/09/gordon-murray-qa/

I like this guy's thinking. Got me thinking that with the rise of pretty cheap CNC machines and robots, and cheap plastic panel manufacturing, setting up a factory to build cars like this would be cheap and easy once some engineering is done. Could be some fun kit opportunities too, source some standard engine/drivetrain/suspension components. Of course the gummint would get involved and screw it all up, but still... I bet you could send some plans and specs to China and have a whole fleet delivered in like 8 weeks.

--R