Alex Chamberlain wrote:
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:
http://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/2587906610.html

2000 is second generation for the W210, supposedly the spring perch
problems were fixed then along with a lot of other little stuff.
Sounds like a great deal to me.  I've considered buying one, most of
the V-8 ones I see around here are in the $7-9K range.  Remember to
factor in the price of a real scan tool of some kind, like the Chinese
pirated dealer version that Kleb has.

And 4wd 210s didn't have spring perches, they had springs over struts AFAIK.
It seems that when 4Matic came back in 1998, they just used 3 open diffs, unless what I read was wrong and they've got ASD or something. I suppose open diffs and traction control via independent braking would make the drivetrain reliable, if not the brakes.

Mitch.