I fixed my brother's brand new sandals [with the sole peeling away]  with
"Through The Roof" caulk adhesive.  It's made by Sashco.com who also  makes
"Lexel"  I used Lexel 5 years ago to seal the cracked rubber boots on  my
rear CVJ boots. However I just bought new axles to take of that problem.
Anyway I used  "TTR " to seal some roof leaks at the shore house.   Then I used
gallon cans to cover the 84 year old porous brick chimney that was  leaking
into the house.  It even withstood Hurricane Irene !!  This  stuff works !!
It's only been out for a couple years so not many people are  aware of it.
It is CLEAR just like Lexel. Lexel is used for airplane  windshield adhesive.
I use both for fix-it items.

Bob
1983 240D