Is the antenna rocker switch on (usually) upper center console in "UP" position? Is antenna grnd OK? If so, try 12V to motor.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "W140" <w...@juno.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:29 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Antenna (1992 W140) problem

Right after I got some work done on the front of the car (engine compartment) I drove off and the antenna wouldn’t go up or down. I checked all the fuses and looked inside the antenna and all appears well, Antenna will go up and down when I rotate the gearing so I can’t see any problems there. Any suggestions? I’m not sure how much voltage the motor takes so I don’t want to apply 12v direct to it. Is it a 12v motor? Can I apply 12v directly to it and see if it will work? Anything in the engine compartment the mechanic can screw up by accident? Hey, I’m open to any suggestions. If all else fails is there any place the rebuilds or exchanges them?
Oh yes, Radio, CD, tape work fine, just the antenna.
I can be reached at  w...@juno.com if you have any ideas.
Thanks,
Walt Lasher
Seattle