Well I disagree to an extent, if you are gonna pump money into a 109 you really want the M116 3.5L engine. MB produced this engine for a long time and it should be easy enough to get a hold of one, if needed. Given the state of the car and the engine in it, I would walk away, unless you got it for 500.

Hendrik

Jaime Kopchinski wrote:
The M130 makes this a less risky car, since you can get a good engine pretty
easily if you need one.  Even a rebuild isn't unreasonable.

Air suspension is air suspension, but its a W109 and W112.  Parts are not
horrible in price, and once its done, its fixed for a long time.

If the car falls overnight, thats pretty bad.

Jaime