> ..Wife used plain water in the WSW on the '83 240D  because she said
> anything
> else removed wax. Can anyone suggest a WSW fluid that doesn't....

Any of them. Some home-mixed stuff may be different.

Speaking of this, peripherally, when preparing the C300 for the annual MBCA
car show recently, I blundered across something that removes the
unremoveable stains on the front and rear glass that some think is acid rain
residue.
Forget Bon Ami which I formerly used.

Paint cleaning clay. I was amazed. A few passes and zut alors it was gone.

RLE