Go to a commercial plumbing supply house with pictures and a diagram.

There are all sorts of transitions and adapters for connecting up to cast iron
pipe.

I would consider suggesting that you try a big box store like Home Despot, but
it's a crapshoot as far as the advice you might get.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone