Where are these things?

--R

On 10/1/11 5:20 PM, Dan Penoff wrote:
Scored a pair of Magnepan MG-IIb speakers today. Sale on eBay failed because
seller would not ship.

Knowing what beasts these things are, I contacted the seller and offered them
$200 (opening bid on eBay was $250.)

Had to drive over to King John's place to get them, but it was the second owner
and they had all the original boxes, packing, manuals, etc.

Tomorrow I go to look at a Soundcraftsman setup with a 250 watt amp, equalizer
and tuner. The guy is a hard core audiophile with all sorts of high end stuff,
and is asking $365 for the lot.

I am going to go and see if I can get him down to $300-$325, which is about
market price.

Had to pass on a nice pair of Altec-Lansing Model 9s. They were just
professionally redone with new surrounds and are in very good condition. Seller
was at $225 for the pair, but got them down to $150.

Unfortunately, I have limited funds and would rather have the Soundcraftsman
equipment...

Dan

Sent from my iPhone