At 11:08 PM 10/1/2011, Peter wrote:
Well - back where we were.  I now have no glow intermittently.  If the light
comes on even for a second, I get glow and a beautifully smoothly starting
engine - better then ever.  If it doesnt' come on I have no glow - and very
obviously no glow slow start.  Anyone have a used Known good relay they will
sell me?

No relay for sale here, but I posted a solution back on 11/2/10 - bypass the MB relay with a fender mounted starter relay of the Ford type and a push button dash switch. Total cost about $20. Still working fine on my 83 300 SD.

     Dave Gilmore, Cameron WV

     Art is a lie that helps us realize the truth.