[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The total article can be found at:
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=126

You may be tempted to dismiss the info as being from the NRA, but I assure you the facts are correct - if the NRA were caught offering incorrect info such as this, the media (never a fan of the NRA) would crucify them and never let the story die. They are meticulous in their facts.

I'm sure the facts they choose to report are accurate, but I'm also sure they were very selective in choosing which ones to present. The fact that states with right-to-carry laws have a lower crime rate is not surprising, because those tend to be predominantly rural states. What I want to know is has the crime rate in those states decreased *more or less quickly* than the crime rate in other states. (Just showing a decrease isn't enough, because crime rates have fallen everywhere, including states with strict gun control laws.)

I suspect if those statistics had supported their position, they would have included them, so their absence makes me suspicious.