Greg Fiorentino wrote:

It's hard to say whether Amanda was actually innocent, but there is no doubt
that the evidence handling was bungled in the worst possible way.  That
certainly created "reasonable doubt" of her guilt.  I have no idea whether
that is an actual legal standard in Italy.

As I just read in another forum, 'Knox is Italy's OJ'.

What really surprised me was the possibility of serving 3 years in prison for saying you thought somebody killed your roommate. In USA, slander is a civil matter.

Mitch.