On Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:29 AM, "Greg Fiorentino"
<gf...@dslnorthwest.net> wrote:

> I was thinking the same when I saw the post about conversion to NG.  I
> recalled the failure of the generators in New Orleans during Katrina.
> I agree that you are better off being self-sufficient in anticipation
> of an emergency.

Very few standby generators are set up to handle a long-term outage with
no fuel replenishment.  Their purpose is to keep critical systems
running for the duration of "reasonable" power outages.  If you want
coverage beyond that, things start getting expensive (large fuel tanks
and the investment of thousands of dollars to fill them).  Not
reasonable or even permissible in most residential cases.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1979 300SD