Allan, Jim,
I worked for an oil company in the 70's when our gov't passed a law making it
illegal to bribe foreign officials in order to get business. This oil company
ran afoul of the law for bribing the oil minister in Nigeria to do business.
Now if anyone cared to look, you didn't do business in Nigeria for oil unless
you bribed the oil minister. Anyway, I think the US politicians wanted the
bribe money to stay in the US and be given to them as campaign contributions or
whatever you want to call it. We, USA, always tries to impose Western morality
on other countries and it rarely works. I'm still waiting to see what's going
to happen with Egypt, Iraq, and now Libya. Sudden changes are not always that
great...seems we never hear about South Africa anymore...all must be well
there.
Best Wishes,

Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.