If you have one this is the time to read the owners' manual.  I tried
working the ACC system like a typical heater.  Frustrating to say the
least.  If you read the book it will tell you exactly what button makes the
air and heat do what you want it to.  The 3rd button from the right should
keep all of your windows clear and the cabin at the set temp all by itself,
assuming it is functioning properly.

Mike
Who prefers manual heater controls but is learning to operate/repair the ACC
so it isn't as bad as it seems.