Hi all,

    My 1983 MB 300D (181K) has recently been a little difficult to start.  This
morning I went to start and the glow plug light lit briefy then went out and
the car wouldn't start.  I kept turning the key on and off and sometimes the
light worked briefly and other times it would not come on at all.  The battery
died quickly, it was six years old so I decided it was time to replace it
anyway.

     Installed the new battery and now the glow plug light won't come on at
all.  I checked the fuseable link and there are no apparent breaks.  I changed
the glow plugs 4 years ago at 110K.

      Should I just go get new glow plugs?  Any ideas on how to proceed from
here would be greatly appreciated.

Bob