That would be my advice.

Peter

On Nov 3, 2011, at 6:35 PM, Allan Streib wrote:

Looking at a Honda Odyssey for sale near here. Wish MB had something in
that class here.  Sprinter is too big.

Anyway, the owner has a loan on the car and I'm not sure how this is
normally handled. Ideally I'd think we "close" the sale at the lender's
office, pay them off, I get the title with a release of lien.

In this case I think the lender is a larger bank and the title is stored
in a records department somewhere remote.  I just want to be sure that
the loan gets paid and I get a clear title.  Do I just contact the
lender and ask how they want it handled?

Allan
--
1983 300D
1979 300SD