5P4M passed around at work, you know where the delete key is...

Very respectfully,
/s/
Max Dillon
'87 300TD 334k miles (Off with the head!)
'95 E300 292k miles (daily driving duties)
'73 Balboa 20 (High & dry until the head is back on)
Charleston SC

Nationwide Test of the Emergency Alert System
Wednesday, November 9 at 2:00 PM EST

On Wednesday, November 9th at 2:00pm EST, the Federal Emergency Management
Agency (FEMA) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), in conjunction
with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), will conduct
the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System.  The test will last
approximately 30 seconds and will be transmitted via television and radio
stations across the U.S.

The national Emergency Alert System is an alert and warning system that can be
activated by the President, if needed, to provide information to the American
public during emergencies. While the system is often tested in local markets (a
test with which you and the American public may be very familiar), a nationwide
test will be instrumental in evaluating and improving the system, should it
ever
be needed.

Here are specific items we want everyone to know about the test:

---It will be conducted Wednesday, November 9 at 2:00 PM EST.
---It will be transmitted via television and radio stations within the U.S.,
including Alaska, Hawaii, the territories of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin
Islands, and American Samoa.
---Similar to local emergency alert system tests, an audio message will
interrupt television and radio programming indicating: "This is a test."
---When the test is over, regular programming will resume.

As we get close to the test, the FCC and all of our many partners are working
together to spread the word to as many members of the public as possible -- so
people know what to expect when the test takes place, and no one is caught off
guard. We're asking everyone to join us by spreading the word to your
neighbors,
co-workers, friends and family -- share this message, post a message on your
social media site, and feel free to embed our videos on your website or blog.

For more information on this test visit: http://www.fema.gov/eastest/