'Zackly my point, too; offer "free meal," then make it up by surreptitiously billing $2.34 for $0.05 worth of ice, colored water and sugar. (Cost of a glass of iced tea may not be as low as $0.05, but you get my point - it's not much.)

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Streib" <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Free meal

Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> writes:

If they serve alcohol, and I think they do, the last thing they want
to do is say 'free booze for veterans'. Perhaps the free lunch could
include a single non-alcoholic beverage next time.

Restaurants make their highest profits stuff like soda and tea.
Virtually zero labor to prepare, product cost minimal (it's mostly
water) and charge $2.50 - $3.50 a glass.

--
1983 300D
1979 300SD