AutoZone currently has an "oil change special" 5qt jug of Castrol GTX and Bosch
filter gets you a ~$7 rebate, final price about $13.  Of course you have to
send in for the rebate, which most people won't end up doing, which is why they
offer it.

Syntec is a "faux" synthetic, hydrocracked oil.  Somehow some legal proceedings
resulted in allowing that to be sold as "full synthetic" in the USA, and rumor
is that M1 is now basically the same thing.

Allan