A friend has an ML. Not sure what year but it seems to spend a lot of time being repaired.

Randy

On 17/11/2011 9:28 PM, OK Don wrote:
The 2001 ML has 4matic, and it works great. It has the three diffs and
braking. The 2002 and later are supposed to have a better traction control
system - that doesn't eat brake pads if you live in slippery areas. This
car goes anywhere on ice, snow, etc., however, it doesn't stop any better
than anything else. It also only gets an average of 21mpg. Burning premium.
It does seem to be the bargin of the 21st. century MBs, as it has a
reputation of high failure rates. Mine had most everything replaced by the
PO before I bought it. The basic drive train seems solid, it's the
accessories and fancy stuff that dies.