On Nov 20, 2011 1:12 PM, "Max" <meadedil...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> No mouse for me, touch screen on the phone.  I've been thinking about a
blue tooth keyboard though.  Email client I'm using does not lend itself to
editing.

Quoting was one of the reasons I switched to the gmail app, hopefully k9
does it natively by now but at the time it was clunky.  Anyway, once you
are in quoted reply mode, you can double tap a word, then drag the arrows
underneath to grow/shrink the selection.  It's pretty easy as long as the
message isn't too long.

I would prefer a more configurable reply editor (especially line wrap), and
a default inline reply (which is why I top post so often), but it's a
million times better than Outlook.

I have a Bluetooth keyboard I don't use with my phone because I'm faster
with Swype - at least if you include the get-out-the-keyboard time.  If you
can touch type an alternative keyboard app is highly recommended. (Or try
Swiftkey if you don't touch type.)

Best,
Tim
Of course we also have terminal so I suppose one could use emacs if so
inclined...