Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
Yea I found out the rest of the story after a talk with the police chief. The
cop was being nice as the kid actually got pulled over for doing 60 in a 30.
Cop wrote it up that way so kid would not have car impounded and lose license.
Cop also had to follow kid for a mile or 2 before he stopped, guess he was so
oblivious he did not notice the car with the flashing lights behind him

So, under Michigan law, you could either ask for a formal hearing (which gets you a judge and a prosecutor) and then try to cut a deal with the prosecutor's office for a first offense diversion program, or you can tell the kid to shut up and pay the fine. I assume the situation is similar in OK, but I could easily be wrong.