On 24/11/2011 10:52 PM, relng...@aol.com wrote:
....A complete waste of time brought along for ninnys who can't be
bothered to just check the dammed tire pressure.
Any mileage gains they make by having tires aired up is lost by the added
weight of the system...

Piffle. I doubt you have ever held one of the sensors in your paw and have
no real idea how they work.. AND, the ninnys are out there in the millions.

RLE

I wish my good wife's car had them. She is constantly saying, "does that tire look low to you?"

I think she got concerned after she ruined a good tire driving around on it low for a while a few years back. We took it to be repaired and discovered the whole inside was a series of cracks. It was junk. I assume she must have driven on it for a while without noticing that the handling was a bit "off".

In any event, after having me check her tires everytime she thought they looked low and never finding them to be low, she went out and bought her own tire gauge and keeps it in the car.

She would no doubt be happy if her car had the sensors (so long as they worked well).

Randy